Monday, July 07, 2008 | By: babedevil

Pain in the...leg

I'm damn forgetful sometimes....no wait, MOST of the time. I could probably forget bout my kids and leave them somewhere (if I had any...)....Hmmm, that statement sounds familiar....So the other day after seeing the doctor for my mandatory medical checkup, guess what I forgot to do? I forgot to make a damn bloody appointment for the next time. I only realised it like, nearly 2 months later when it was almost nearing the time for my supposed appointment. I could only remember that it was scheduled for 2 months after my last appointment but I couldn't seem to remember the date. Went to check my appointment card, and lo and behold, no wonder I couldn't remember the appointment date...coz I didn't make an appointment to begin with!!! DUH!!!

Me starting to panic already. My medicine was almost finishing and I didn't have an appointment to see the doctor to renew my prescription. Die la....So rushed to the hospital as soon as I found the opportunity (no use calling them, they won't pick up... :s) The appointment lady gave me a date in August. Okie!!! Was walking away when it suddenly hit me...Eh, bimbo! Your meds kenot last dat long la!!! Oh, crap....So walked back to the lady and explained the situation to her, and she gave me a date for the 2nd week of July, 2 weeks after my supposed appointment date. Shit, this means that I'll have to ration my meds...how the hell to do that la..????

Well, did some thinking and calculating, and came up with a system. I'll just ration the Hydroxychloroquine and only take them on the days when I don't have to take Prednisolone!!! That'll even things out! But turns out that it doesn't really work. Hydroxychloroquine ran out 4 days ago and I think I'm starting to feel the effects already. My head-splitting-headaches are back, and yesterday my right leg has started aching at the knee joint, and now it seems to be radiating to my ankle joint (signs that I'm relapsing) OMG, Wednesday come sooner!!! I need meds!!! I'm a junkie!!! *prays fervently*

Owww!!!

0 comments: