Tuesday, June 05, 2007 | By: babedevil

Bad, bad Malaysian attitude

I went to University Hospital to collect my medication today. I always dread a visit there, not because I'm afraid of doctors or needles or anything like that, but because of the traffic. UH's traffic system sucks, and today, it was worse than usual. At the main entrance, there will usually be 2 lanes, 1 for dropping off and picking up, and the other for normal traffic. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why some people refuse to go to the drop off lane when they want to let people down from the car. They'll stop right smack in the middle of the normal traffic lane...So damn bloody inconsiderate! And the people they let off are usually elderly people, and people who need crutches or a wheelchair, so they take damn freaking long to get out of the car, creating a massive jam that stretches all the way outside the hospital grounds.

So jam jam jam until finally, I clear that area. Then bloody hell, get stuck in another jam, this time caused by the cars going into the parking area! UH's traffic system sucks even more here. The place is SO sempit, and most of the time it's only a 1 lane road. Then these stupid kiasu people just have to go so damn freaking slow, trying to find a spot in the first few levels. It's like die die HAVE to find a spot at 1st or 2nd floor. Eh, hello! Upstairs still got belambak of parking space la! And then some people, even when they know someone is waiting for their parking spot, they'll still take their own sweet time getting into the car and reversing out of the parking spot. ARGH!!! $!#$&*!#$%#$@ Finally managed to get to the 4th floor and parked my car. So many parking spaces! Dunno why those idiots turning around in circles downstairs.


Went to the main tower and wanted to get an elevator to the 2nd floor. And I came across another seriously fucked up Malaysian attitude. Some people simply don't have the courtesy to wait for others to alight from the elevator before getting in. They insist on pushing their way in even though the people inside are trying to get out. And this elevator I wanted to take wasn't one of the normal sized elevators you normally see. This elevator's opening was like less than the width of 2 people standing side by side, so you can imagine how sempit it was, and they still want to push their way in. Sohai.


Finally got to the pharmacy place and lined up to get a number. Enter bad Malaysian attitude number I-Dunno-Wat. This elderly lady just came up to my line and wanted to cut queue. It was like the Hitz.FM's JJ and Rudy ad about cutting queue, "put signal, act like dunno, act like dunno!" Hey, I don't mind letting elderly people go first, but at least have the decency to ask before cutting queue la...Can say "Excuse me, Ah Girl, but PoPo very old already, legs very painful, cannot line up so long. Can I go first ah?". But no, this old lady just buat tak tau and wanted to cut queue. Celaka, who willing to let la like that? So I also buat tak tau and inched closer to the front. Sooner or later she got the message that I wasn't gonna let her cut and she went to another line. So exasperating!

Everytime I go to the hospital sure my blood pressure sky-rockets wan...but what to do, have to go also. Haih...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey thank you for listening to us and yes there are people who believe they are invisible.

Anonymous said...

brother, if u want the first class service pleased go to any bank and bring thousand ringgit, after that go to private hospital, u will get that "terbaik" service in your life....but dond forget to have thousand RM....