Thursday, June 28, 2007 | By: babedevil

Argh, crap...

Registered for Nuffnang the other day, or more like, tried to...but I put the wrong email address!!! So they sent the activation mail to a non-existent email add!!! Tried to register for that email add but stupid Gmail refused to accept that log in name. Then tried to register again at Nuffnang but they wouldn't let me use my nick!!! "Nickname already taken" Ya, I know...I took it, but put the wrong email add!!! I want my niiiccckkkk *wail*!!! Oh, this is so crappy!

But Nuffnang will delete it sooner or later if that account isn't activated rite...rite?? Rite???!!!

2 comments:

Nash said...

yep girl about in two weeks time for most systems

Anonymous said...

I think u better email them the nuffnang support team and ask them to help u.. more faster.