Monday, January 26, 2009 | By: babedevil

I Already Have Them

I had a dream last night. It wasn't a particularly nice dream. In fact it bordered on being a nightmare for me. I guess it was because I've been harboring this fear that I wouldn't be accepted as well as others have been.

Wanting affirmation from others is just like wanting the sun to rise in the West instead of the East; pointless and unnecessary. Getting new friends is always a nice thing, but even if they don't accept you into their circle, it's not the end of the world. I have my own friends now who accept me as I am.

Having a special connection with a new friend, that that makes you get along so well together that you can almost finish each other's sentences, is not so important, as I already have that with my existing friends.

After much thought and consideration, I'm letting go of all the wanting and needing. I've decided that it's just a waste of my precious time; time that could be better spent with loved ones. If people want to accept me into their inner circle and be close to me, then that's fine; but even if they don't want to, it's still acceptable to me. Because I know I already have friends who will be there for me (and takes the time to read my blog and Facebook to find out what's been happening in my life :) ).

So to all my friends out there, know that you really ARE appreciated.

*hugs*




P.S. Happy Chinese New Year Everyone! May you prosper and all your wishes come true.

0 comments: