Monday, November 28, 2005 | By: babedevil

Letting go.

Dear You,

I can still remember it clearly, I think even down to the very first moment I started falling for you. At first, I wasn't even interested in you that way. But then we started hanging out together a lot, and I don't know how, but you just quietly wormed your way into my heart. I loved your smile, I loved your dry wit, I even loved your 'perasan'-ness. As time passed, we grew closer and feelings grew stronger. But then you said and did some things that were very hurtful to me. Maybe you don't feel as deeply as I feel for you. Maybe I cared for you more than you cared for me. That's why you had no qualms about hurting me like you did. I was really hurt and angry at being scorned like that. I even hated you then for making me feel that way. Because of that, I used to call you names whenever I talked about you to my friends.

But now, seing what I saw tonight, finally made me realise that I'm not angry anymore. I don't even hate you at all (maybe I never really hated you in the first place). Maybe we were not meant for each other. Maybe there is someone else out there for us, but we haven't found them yet. Maybe I just imagined a lot of things that weren't really there. I don't know. Life is full of 'maybe'-s and 'could be'-s. Fate brought us together, but perhaps not for the purpose that I had hoped for.

The hardest thing now is letting go and moving on with my life. I guess my heart will mend in time, and soon all that will be left is just a scar. With this letter, I hope that somehow, someday, I wil find it easier to let you go. But know this, you will always hold a place in my heart...even though it's not the no. 1 spot anymore........Thank you for all the memories, the good and the bad. I will always cherish them....

Wistfully yours,
Steph

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’ve never been good with words so be patient reading my comment….despite that I like you I really wanna give you a piece of advice…maybe I’m wrong but I feel that you are lost…you don’t know what you want…out of my little experience in life I just want to tell you TRUE LOVE is what life all about…if a man can find the TRUE LOVE he will be able to see his path in life….dream and make it true…imagine and feel his partner’s heart…..work hard and enjoy his achievement with his beloved one…but the problem that faces everyone is how to know its TRUE LOVE !!!!!

Yes the real challenge is to find it, know it and be sure…we all come across people who care and love us …i think the true love can be found when you look into his eyes…some people will disagree with me…most out there think love is to show how much you care by all means…call often…show up when you are in trouble….be there when you need somebody to talk to etc.. but the way I see it same things can happen between friends so what TRUE LOVE actually mean? Again all you have to do is to look into his eyes….listen to your heart…and you will know…eyes never lie.

I wish you all the best in your life…I prefer to remain anonymous to you… but I will be here online if you to need any help…advice…or somebody to talk to…sorry to invade your privacy in such way but yet I just wanna help.

babedevil said...

Hey, Anonymous...thanks for leaving a comment. Don't worry, I haven't given up on love yet :) I believe that if you don't go looking too hard for it, it will come to you eventually. Till then, life goes on as usual.

P.S. Don't be shy...leave a name ;)

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how happy i was when i saw your response, anyway love might be right next to you yet you can’t see it, open your eyes wide and i bet you will find the true love, don't tell me with all this guys admires you none of them in love with you to his knees ;)

P.S.I will never leave a name until you either find your true love or find who I am