Saturday, November 05, 2005 | By: babedevil

Jinxed!

I think I have travelling bad luck. Whenever I'm travelling, something bad is sure to happen to me. It's either my plane would be delayed, or my luggage would get lost, or I'll get crappy hotel rooms, or it'll rain non-stop when I'm on holiday...you name it, I've been through it.

Just arrived in KL this morning. Took the night train from SP. Lazy me bought a ticket at the last minute, so all that was left was Economy Class and the top Sleeper Bunk in 2nd class. Sitting in Economy Class for 11+ hours??!! No way!! Worse form of torture!! So the next best thing was the Sleeper bunk. I hate the top bunk, but what to do...?? The lesser of 2 evils...Sigh...(Note to myself: always buy tickets in advance during holiday season. Stupid, stupid, stupid!)

While waiting for my train, I was looking at my ticket. Hmm...Seat 3...hey, wait a minute...I got the bunk right next to the door! Shit! For the whole journey, people will be going through that door, letting in all the noisy sounds-that-a-moving-train makes. Heck, the door doesn't even have to be open and I'll still be able to hear the noise. Argh! Hope not many people will have the urge to go pee in the middle of the night....Got on the train and hoped for the best. But just as luck would have it, the automatic door beside my bunk was faulty, which means that people would have to manually press some buttons to get the door to open...though not everyone could understand the stupid instructions written on the door. Thus I got a steady stream of people going "alamak, apa hal ni?", or "there's something wrong with the door", some people even started jumping around, hoping that the sensors would kick in...So I (genius at figuring out obscure instructions) became a doorman, helping people press buttons to open stupid doors. Open sesame...

Halfway through the journey, at one of the stops, this hot Caucasian guy got on the train. And his bunk was a bunk away from mine, on the opposite side. Score! So I opened my curtains wider and sat at the edge, pretending to read a book (I was actually secretly spying on him). But after a while, he drew his curtains shut. :( So, as I also had nothing else to do and I was sick of becoming everyone's doorman, I too closed my curtains and went to sleep....or at least, I tried to....I was waking up every hour because of the noise!

At 6 am, I woke up, all grumpy and irritated 'cause of the lack of sleep. Then they announced that the train would be arriving at KL Central soon. HotGuy opened his curtains and started to put on his shoes. Heheh, now is my chance to act cool and make him fall for me! So I put on my shoes and started to get down. But what happened was, instead of the ladder, I accidently stepped on a guy who was passing by. Oh, shit! "I'm so sorry!" And as I had missed the ladder, I sort of lost my footing and stumbled to the bottom, collecting some bruises on the way down. "Ouch!" Clumsy cow! *malu* I pulled my cap down low over my face, collected my bags and practically ran out of the train as soon as it stopped at the station. Sigh, what a way to ruin a fantasy. So, NOW do you believe that I'm jinxed??!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to read your next post. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------buy-flonase pharmacy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.