Sunday, August 17, 2008 | By: babedevil

Pesta Malam Indonesia 2 (Aftermath)

Finding our way in was a nightmare. We actually went to the entrance at the cross junction leading to Pusat Sains Negara. There were so many cars parked along the road and the entrance was blocked off, so we were like "Crap, have to park at the side of the road ar?". And it was drizzling some more...So we went and found a parking spot right in front of Pusat Sains Negara. Damn far man! And it started drizzling even more. We just sat in the car, staring out.

"Let's go somewhere else first and come back later...."
"Let's go! *starts engine*"

So we were gonna leave the place, when I saw a sign saying 'VVIP/VIP/Guest entrance'. "OooOooo!!!! Follow signboard, follow signboard!!!". And guess where the sign led us to? The freaking entrance which was blocked off!!! $!$&#!*!$&$#$&*$! Ahhh...the effectiveness of Malaysians and their signboards....

So we stopped the car right in front of the entrance and were sitting there trying to figure things out. Then BabyLern decided to go down and ask the people jaga-ing the main entrance to show us where to go. Oooo, a man who asks for directions...!!!

When he came back, "I know where to go!!!" he declared triumphantly. <3
Turns out there is another entrance beside Royal Selangor Golf Club. And we finally made it in and found a place to park (no thanks to even more confusing and misleading and sometimes nonexistent signboards....tulan...). It finally stopped raining by the time we got down from the car. Thank god!

Went to check out the VIP tent first which was right behind the concert stage. Whoa! The tent was air-conditioned! And they had food and drinks! And a bar in the middle! It felt just like being in a club! You could even watch the whole concert on the TVs that they placed around the area.

Outside the VIP tent.


I got kinda cold after a while coz I was only in shorts and a sleeveless tee, so we decided to go outside to watch the concert. We got there towards the end of Samsons' set. Dewi Dewi performed earlier in the day. The crowd turnout was quite good, very enthusiastic. Some were even sitting on the grass at the back, having mini picnics. We stood at the back too, and the view was quite good! At least I didn't smell any smelly, sweaty armpits. Managed to listen for a while before Samsons left the stage...Walked around and finally decided to go back into the VIP tent. And there was Samsons having a meet-the-fans session. BabyLern was happily snapping away with his big-assed camera.

Samsons' at their meet-the-fans session.

Samsons with some fans.


Next to come on stage was Sheila On 7. They were really great! Very energetic and they had a good rapport with the audience. I didn't know most of their songs but I really enjoyed it nevertheless.


Akhdiyat leading the sing-a-long. He's giving the audience his approval!



I also noticed some weird people in the audience doing strange stuff. Some of them who were at the front were like, climbing all over each other and waving banners and T-shirts, and then they were falling over each other.... -_-'' erm, maybe all concerts in Indonesia are like that...???



Building higher and higher....

Sheila On 7 laughing at the jakun people

Like Samsons, Sheila On 7 also had a meet-the-fans session after their set. I even took a picture with Sheila On 7's lead singer, Akhdiyat. Hahaha...I so smart, there were so many people pushing and shoving to get a picture with him, but I just waited for him at the exit where there was no one around! Wakakaka!!! Suckers!!!



Next up after Sheila On 7 was Ungu. This time I lagi didn't know their songs but I still had a great time. They had a few technical errors early on into their set, so Ungu had to take a break while the technicians were fixing the problem.

Even their background is 'ungu'...hehehe....

Pasha. Cute...But on the short side...


While waiting for Ungu to come back on stage, we decided to go back into the tent and grab something to eat because it was dinner time already. And guess what??? I was seating like, less than 2 metres away from Ariel, Peterpan's lead singer!!! Woohoo!!! So there I was contemplating whether I should go and ask to take a picture with them, then I decided not to coz they were gonna have a meet-the-fans session anyway, and I can take a picture with them then. Or so I thought..........

So we were actually waiting for Peterpan to come on stage, which they did, at like around 9.30 p.m. I think everyone else there were also waiting for them, coz when they came on the people started crowding around the stage. My vantage point from the back even started getting crowded. Everyone were really into Peterpan's songs.

Ariel! He's so cute!!! *swoon*



With shirt....

Without shirt!!! WoooHoooooo!!!


At one point people started running towards the back...towards ME!!! So I also started backing up, preparing to run like mad...Then everyone started calming down. Turns out it was this big group of people dressed in black who were running around causing all the commotion. This put everyone on edge from then on. There was even once when a fight broke out and even the police came. A chase even ensued between the police and one of the back shirt guys, and they ran right in front of us!!! Scary! People were even more on edge after that. But everyone was still enjoying the show, so it was all good. They sang their popular song 'Mungkin Nanti' and right after that, they left the stage at around 10.10 p.m. They performed for less than 45 minutes man! :( Wanted more!!!

Oh ya...you know how I thought that I could take pictures with Peterpan after their set? Didn't happen! They cabut-ed straight after leaving the stage! Damn tak puas man! I. Is. So. Sad!!! Felt so cheated as I watched their van drive off.

We left soon after that also. We just couldn't stay for Slank's set coz it was getting really late.

BabyLern managed to get a picture of Slank in the VIP tent though...So at least we could say that we saw them... :)

All in all, I really, really enjoyed the concert. I surprised even myself. I enjoyed it more than the Blue or Good Charlotte concerts that I went to! At least this time I had a good view from the back where there are not so many people, and don't have to sniff any smelly armpits, or get my feet stomped into the ground. Aaahhhh....bliss....Sure, there were a fight or two. Or three. Or more like four....but hey, what is a rock concert without fights right?



Even managed to get a decent pic of myself...YAY!!!



*All photos courtesy of BabyLern*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are HOT!!! girl

babedevil said...

hahaha...erm, thanks...?