Friday, August 15, 2008 | By: babedevil

Disney's High School Musical: The Ice Tour (Aftermath)

Just got back from the show. Went with SissyDear. Wish there were better signs directing us to the area. We parked all the way at Kompleks Sukan Negara instead of at Stadium Putra itself. Well, we saw a lot of people going there so we follow la...like they say, monkey see, monkey do...Walked like freaking far to the entrance of the stadium. The show was supposed to start at 8.30 p.m. and we missed about the first 15 minutes of it.

If you are a fan of Disney's High School Musical, musicals in general, figure skating, or dancing, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you catch this show! But if you do not fit in those categories, then I would suggest that you don't bother. You'll probably be bored out of your mind, in the case of Exhibit A: SissyDear "Can we go home yet??? *looks at watch*"

I enjoyed the show immensely. I didn't really watch the movies, don't really know the songs, but all in all, I felt that it was great! The dancing and skating were really good, and the songs really catchy. I was taking pictures like crazy until SissyDear said "How many pics you wanna take???"

Me: *sheepishly hide camera* (and that's why you won't see any pictures from Act 2)

The show is actually split into 2 parts; the first part is from High School Musical 1 and the second part is from High School Musical 2, with a 10 or 15 minute intermission in between. And they have this huge screen in the background which shows pictures and stuff according to what is happening on the ice.

The turnout of the crowd was surprisingly good. I would say about 3/4 of the seats were filled, mostly by kids and their parents I might add. They practically knew all the songs and were singing and clapping along to them. I would suggest that you learn some of the more popular songs from the movies before going to the show, because it's seriously very catchy. I wanted to sing along with some of them, but I didn't know the lyrics. Damn!

The stunts that those skaters could do on the ice! They can even play basketball on ice, no kidding! Like, WOW!!! I can't even move on ice without holding on to someone/something. No, wait, I probably could, but I just wouldn't know how to stop, unless I hit a wall or fall down that is. -_-''

If I thought Act 1 was good, Act 2 was even better. There were mini fireworks going on and showers of sparks peppered throughout the show. There was even a part where Kelsi, one of the characters, started interacting with the audience, asking them what she should name her new song, which the kids eagerly shouted out the name (it was 'You Are The Music In Me' by the way...). Things heated up even further when Troy's shirt was torn off in the middle of the ice rink during his 'makeover' and the audience started clapping and catcalling and whistling. Oooo....And there was even a kissing scene between Troy and Gabriella. I was half expecting the Malaysian Censorship Board to jump out and scream "CENSORED!!! KENOT WATCH!!!" O.o

The show ended around 10.15 p.m. liddat. Didn't really know exactly what time it ended coz I had to pee really really badly -_-''

Verdict: Many, many thumbs up!

P.S. Will post up some pics soon!

0 comments: