Wednesday, June 18, 2008 | By: babedevil

Petrol Hike = Tempers Hike

After the petrol price hike, whenever I take a bus to college, I've noticed that there are more people on the bus compared to before, no matter what time of the day it is...Guess more and more people are feeling the pinch...

Took a bus home last night. First time since the petrol price increase coz SorryWrongNumber has been sending me home all this while. Couldn't send me back this time coz his brother was following him home. And can I say, OMFG!!! I am never ever ever ever ever gonna take a bus home after 5pm anymore (unless I asolutely have to...)!!! The bus back to Puchong was so freakishly packed! Luckily me have veli good system...take the bus to KL Sentral, then wait for the bus that goes back to Puchong. It takes longer because the bus actually goes to Pasar Seni first before turning back towards Puchong, but at least I get to sit down for the whole journey, and don't have to push and shove with all those other people.

Nowadays, there are these people from the RapidKL who are stationed at Brickfields, presumably for crowd control. Last night, they kept on trying to literally push people onto the bus, even though it was packed until there was no place to move already. People standing beside me were practically landing on my lap. Ish...

Tempers were also running high that day. At Pasar Seni the bus driver was yelling at these 2 Indian girls for lying to him and saying that they wanted to go to Pasar Seni when they actually wanted to go back to Puchong. I guess the girls told him that so that they could get on the bus. Ok, so maybe the girls shouldn't have lied. But then again they knew if they didn't, they wouldn't have been able to get on the bus....What's so wrong in getting on the bus whenever and whereever you want? As long as the person has a ticket there shouldn't be any problem right? Why must make the person wait for the return bus??? Especially when there are no proper places to sit and wait also...

Then at Pasar Seni, people were pushing and shoving just to get onto the bus. Total and utter chaos until one Indian uncle was so pissed off and started cursing and swearing at whoever had pushed him. They were sitting somewhere behind me some more, so freaked out that the verbal fighting will escalate to physical fighting, and I will kena as well :s (Luckily it didn't get to that)

And there was this lady who went up to this man and his kid who were sitting down. She asked the father "Dia ada bayar tak?", pointing to the kid. The kid looked to be around 7 or 8 years old. I think she wanted to tell the kid to give her his seat coz he didn't pay. The poor father also like stoned there, don't know what is happening. MeanLady repeated the question a few times, each time getting more and more menacing, until another lady told MeanLady that kids under a certain age don't have to pay to ride. MeanLady looked so offended and disgruntledly walk to another part of the bus. What is it with these kind of people? So what if the kid didn't pay to ride the bus??? He didn't have to! He had as much right to sit there as MeanLady. I mean, if it was some bags or stuff on the seat then I would be pissed also la...but come on! It's another human being sitting there la! Just because you are older than the boy and paid for your ticket you tai sai ar??!! Babi betul...!

Haih....I seem to have a rant everytime I take public transportation. This cannot be good for my blood pressure man....Can probably get so worked up and suffer from a heart attack one day...... -_-''

0 comments: