Tuesday, January 03, 2012 | By: babedevil

The Bigger Picture

I have always over analysed everything. Probably because I like to have all my facts right. Good? Bad? I don't know. I just know that I like to be prepared. That's probably the reason why I bring my Doraemon bag with me everywhere.

So after going through every conversation and every thing that was said, I realised that it all came down to one thing; everything fell apart was because the bad was just too much to handle. And the bad just kept piling up because they were never really dealt with, just swept aside, and pretend everything was alright. The bad became so overwhelming, to the point that the only option one party could see was to give up.

That was the problem.

We tried so hard to fix everything else, but we somehow missed out on the most important thing; communication.

We focused on the little things, and lost sight of the bigger picture.

At the end of the day, no matter how much you love each other, things won't work out without communication, because misunderstandings will take its place.

Will I make the same mistake in the future? I don't know. Time machines don't exist, where we can go to the future and see how badly we screw up our lives or how we finally do things right, nor can we go back in time to undo what has been done.

All that can be done now is to hope for the best, and hope that when the time comes, we will remember the mistakes of our past, and finally make the right choice in the future.

"One day you may realize you've lost the moon while counting the stars."

0 comments: