Tuesday, September 20, 2011 | By: babedevil

What Happens When One Forgets?

 Something that struck a chord in me...
One thing, though, that stuck out as I watched last night was this:

Near the end, Duke is looking at the notebook he's been reading from the whole time. He flips to the front, and this dedication is written there:

"Read this to me, and I'll come back to you."

That line absolutely cuts me every time.

This story of love that is strong, won't be denied, and can't be broken is a great image of the commitment we make when we take our vows in front of friends and family at the church. Too often, today, when things get tough, people cut and run, leaving a wake of broken hearts and homes behind them. Not too many are willing to stick with it, no matter the cost.

The past 11 years with my wife have been incredible.
Have they been easy? Not always.
Have they been fun? Quite often, but not always.
Have we fought? Yes.
Have we made up? Yes.

As we all know, adversity can either make us stronger, or knock us down...and relationships willing to work through the hard times will be worth the effort.

Take some time, just with your spouse, and talk about "your story", the good and the bad, how it's tested you, and how it's made you stronger. It's worth it!

Now, read that line again:

"Read this to me, and I'll come back to you."

*Excerpt taken from here

0 comments: