Tuesday, June 22, 2010 | By: babedevil

Addiction

Ok, ever since I started working, I've had more or less 9 hours of internet connection at my disposal. Add to that, the initial 6 months of work consisted of me basically doing nothing. So that's when I was first introduced to online shopping by the boyfriend, who opened up the world of eBay to me.

Initially, I pooh-poohed all those people who said that once you start, you can never stop. And then, I made my first purchase.

From then on, ladies and gentlemen, there was no stopping. It was the thrill of searching for stuff and doing research for the cheapest deal you could get online. Seriously, stuff online is SO much cheaper than in physical shops. I started prowling the site like a recessionista smelling a sale around the corner. And clicking the bid or "Buy it now" button everytime you see something you like never seemed easier. Granted, if you buy stuff internationally like from China, Hong Kong or US, shipping time is a b*tch, because it can take a month before it reaches you.

But eBay could only offer you so much. Which my colleague (devil in disguise?) later rectified by introducing me to Lowyat.net. That's when my condition took a turn for the worse. From a simple dress, I started taking part in makeup sprees and clothing pre-orders. I super love my E.L.F Studio makeup brushes which I got dirt cheap!

eBay and Lowyat were not my only haunts. I did venture to local blogshops to see what they were offering (even bought a pair of to-die-for pumps that are, unfortunately, too big for me *wails*), but I prefered eBay and Lowyat for the cheaper rates offered. And my hoard is growing bigger and bigger! I might need to have a yard sale soon... O.o
Of course, with online shopping, there is a risk that you might not like what you have bought when it arrives at your doorstep. Quality might be bad, colours different from what is shown, or it might not even fit you. But for me, the prices you get online is worth taking the risk. And you can negate some of the risks by doing RESEARCH. I admit, sometimes I get pretty obsessed with the research part because I don't want to end up with an item I absolutely hate. Another plus point is, I've also picked up a lot of beauty tips along the way.

So now, I have bought clothes, shoes, makeup and skincare, all online. Beauty tips were free :D

Now, with all these new stuff, I find the vainpot in me struggling to fight for domination of this currently couldn't-care-less body.

1 comments:

DawnMooreNotLess said...

Ebay is my love and people don't seem to understand that you can find anything, yes ANYTHING on there! I always try to find stuff st a lower price on Ebay. Even if I already purchased it. I use Ebay as cross reference to see if I got a good deal. Kudos to you!